Life Changes Group is currently providing group psychotherapy for adults with depression. In a supportive group environment, clients will learn practical skills to control their depression now and in the future. Over the course of 16 weekly sessions, clients will be breaking the cycle of depression by:
- Learning what depression is and how to track their mood
- Identifying how thoughts affect mood, and disputing negative thinking
- Identifying how behaviors affect mood, and increasing participation in activities to help control mood
- Exploring personal strengths and developing plans for achieving goals
- Increasing assertiveness and self-esteem
- Building up social confidence and more effective interpersonal skills
If you are dealing with depression and would like to know more about this group, please contact us at (617) 354-4450 or complete our online intake form to set-up an initial evaluation.